Thursday, September 9, 2010

Of feedly and Firefox 4


"An immersive reading experience". Those are the words I would use to describe feedly, an extension (for Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)/custom web interface to Google Reader. I had actually given it a try some time ago but was turned away by the need to sign in each time. Now that I have my laptop, leaving my Google account signed in is actually a pretty natural thing to do (and signing in takes only a swipe of a finger, literally).


Likewise, Firefox 4's brand-new look can be summed up with the word "elegant" (the much-needed UI redesign at long last). Despite the many kinks still to be worked out, it includes many welcome innovations such as Panorama (aka Tab Candy) which I find to be a suitable replacement for a few of the extensions that I had been using. All in all, it is really shaping up to be a great release (with many wonderful ideas borrowed from the other browsers, nonetheless).

No comments:

Post a Comment